As the hustle and bustle of the holiday season begins to subside, it can be difficult to start the new year off on the right foot. Between cleaning up after Christmas festivities and returning to the daily grind from extended vacations, many of us struggle when it comes to finding the motivation needed to succeed in 2018.
If you find you’re suffering from the post-holiday blues, consider some of the following quotes. Not only will they help you see things in a more positive light, they can give you the inspiration needed to follow your dreams and achieve your goals.
1. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr
An American Baptist minister who quickly found himself at the center of the civil rights movement in the 50s and 60s, Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the most respected activists of all time.
2. “Whatever you do, throw yourself into it. Throw your head, heart and hands into it.” – Pepsi CEO Indra Nooyi
The CEO for Pepsi is known for waking up at 4 a.m. daily. Not only does this help her oversee the operations of a multibillion-dollar corporation, but it’s even earned her a spot on the official business council of the President of the United States. It’s safe to say she knows a thing or two about succeeded in the 21st century.
3. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt Jr.
The 26th President of the United States, the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt Jr. lives on through thought-provoking quotes like this. In addition to his time as president, he also served as the 25th Vice President of the United States.
4. “Build your own dream, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Businessman and investor Farrah Gray
Farrah Gray became a millionaire at the tender age of 14 and he hasn’t looked back. Having grown up in inner-city Chicago, nothing was handed to him. Gray capitalized on his entrepreneurial spirit and is now recognized as a successful businessman, investor, author and motivational speaker.
5. “There can be no great accomplishment without risk.” – Astronaut Neil Armstrong
Nobody can deny the extreme risks Neil Armstrong assumed when he blasted off into outer space. Recognized as the first astronaut to step foot on the moon, he certainly knows a thing or two about accomplishments – and was always quick to share his insight with others.
Maintaining Inspiration Throughout the Year
Now that you’ve found your initial motivation for 2018, it’s important to maintain your enthusiasm throughout the entire year. There are many tricks you can use to achieve this, from surrounding yourself with positive and successful peers to tracking your own productivity, but it’s ultimately up to you to find the strategy that works best for your situation.
Are You Ready for a New Job?
Contact the team of recruiters at Mega Force today and work with a top staffing agency in North Carolina.