Whether you’re ready for it or not, the 2019 holiday season is nearly upon us. For many business owners, this is the busiest time of the year – and it represents a significant portion of their yearly profits. Not only is it important to make the most out of the seasonal rush, but you must treat your customers – and employees – with professionalism, courtesy, and kindness.
- Start planning as early as possible. There is no such thing as too soon when it comes to planning for the holiday season. Whether you’re securing the necessary staff through recruitment and hiring or even if you’re brainstorming for creative branding and merchandising ideas, there’s plenty to do.
- Update your job postings. Many employers reuse and recycle their seasonal job postings from year to year. Although there’s nothing inherently wrong in doing so, take some time to make sure your latest postings are up-to-date with current standards. More importantly, make sure they accurately describe the expectations and responsibilities of the job.
- Offer competitive wages. Now is not the time for cheap labor. With so many deadlines and elevated service standards to meet, you need to recruit the best talent that money can buy. Remember: seasonal pay doesn’t mean minimum wage. Offer your staff a little more, and you can expect to reap the rewards in other areas.
- Ask current employees for referrals. If you need additional help during the holiday rush, don’t hesitate to reach out to your current staff for possible referrals. You might be surprised at how many employees have friends and relatives who unemployed and looking for work – especially during the holiday season. Make sure to reward your employees for successful referrals, as they’re sure to be appreciative during this time of year.
- Extend loyalty benefits to returning staff. Do you maintain contact with seasonal employees who only come in to help during the holidays? If so, try to offer them benefits for returning. Not only does this give them extra incentive to come back, but it can go a long way in building long-term commitment from new and established employees alike.
Need help with holiday staffing?
f you need help finding the right talent to fill your roster this holiday season, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Mega Force right away. We have professionals who are standing by and ready to help you meet your staffing goals now and all year round.