Every once in a while, we like to highlight a particular in-demand job, give you a more detailed job description, and help you start a search for that job in your area. This time around, we’re taking a look at what order selectors do, what they can make, and who’s hiring them.
Defining the Job
Order selectors work in warehouses or stockrooms to store products, keep accurate inventories of the products in stock, choose the right products to fill customers’ orders, and package the order in such a way that they will be transported safely and arrive at their destinations promptly. You might also see order selectors referred to as “pickers” or “warehouse selectors.”
What You’ll Be Doing
Here’s a typical job description for an order selector.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Selecting products from storage areas according to instructions given through a hands-free headset
- Wrapping products with shrink-wrap and delivering them to staging areas
- Operating a battery-powered pallet-jack
- Building and moving a stable pallet of products up to 7 feet high
- Meeting productivity standards in a fast-paced environment
- Making sure products maintain their integrity throughout the selection process
- Maintaining a safe, clean working environment
- Consistently complying with company policies and best practices for production, safety, and attendance
- Other duties as assigned
The Qualifications You Need to Meet
The skills order selectors need range from physical abilities to technical skills and include:
- A commitment to safety
- Good math and computer skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- An attitude of customer service
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- At least 18 years old
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use tools and equipment
- Ability to work in harsh environments
What You Could Earn
According to Zippia, the national average annual salary for order selectors is $36,443. North Carolina selectors average a slightly higher income of $37,324 per year.
Find Warehouse Jobs In Statesville, NC
Employers in Goldsboro are in particular need of order selectors in warehouses, but you can find openings across North Carolina. Start your Mega Force job search today if you’re interested in finding an order selector job. And to find out more about the services we offer job seekers, click here.