Occasionally, we like to highlight a particular in-demand job, give you a more detailed job description, and help you start a search for that job in your area. This time around, we’re taking a look at what light industrial workers do, what they can make, and who’s hiring them.
Defining the Job
As is the case in many other production jobs, workers in light industrial positions make and assemble products in factories. The difference is that instead of creating products from raw materials, light industrial jobs involve creating larger products from prefabricated components.
What You’ll Be Doing
Here’s a typical job description for a light industrial worker.
- Following health and safety standards
- Keeping your workstation and the production floor clean
- Assembling products and parts
- Following production guidelines and specifications
- Operating and maintaining machinery and production line equipment
- Monitoring the assembly line and removing defective products
- Meeting production targets
- Reporting any problems to the supervisor
- Performing other duties as assigned
The Qualifications You Need to Meet
Production worker assignments usually have these requirements:
- Attention detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience operating manufacturing machinery
- Aptitude in teamwork and communication
- Physical dexterity and strength
- Welding experience
What You Could Earn
Indeed reports that the average salary for a light industrial worker in North Carolina is $14.85/hr, or $34,690 per year. Local salaries may vary, of course. Check out the average salaries in these cities.
- Aberdeen, NC – $14.41 per hour and $33,672 annually
- Asheville, NC – $18.97 per hour and $44,318 annually
- Charlotte, NC– $16.42 per hour and $38,353 annually
Start Your Search
Whether you’re interested in finding work in light industrial or within another trade, Mega Force can find the right opportunity for you.
- We’ll provide you with access to some of the finest employers in the Carolinas and Virginia. We know the people on the inside and can help you get your foot in the door.
- We’ll spend quality time giving you an in-depth consultation and learning about your background, education, skills, certifications, goals, and dreams.
- We’ll help you revitalize your resume, and offer you guidance and insight into your area’s hiring trends.
Start your Mega Force job search here.